Coffee cup stamps can be a simple yet effective branding tool to get awareness of your cafe brand out in to the world. Many cafes are looking to differentiate their brand and are moving away from the standard stamps provided by coffee companies. While it may be tempting to take the lowest cost option and use coffee branded discounted coffee cups, the combination of a blank paper coffee cup and coffee cup stamps can actually be relatively inexpensive. Companies such as Just Coffee Cups sell single wall blank white paper coffee cups in quantities of 1,000 for around $0.05 per cup, while the price of a custom rubber stamp starts at only $29.
The cafe industry is a highly fragmented one, and finding opportunities to allow your consumers to cost effectively communicate your brand can pay dividends. Often customers can come in ebbs and flows. The down time provides a great opportunity to quickly stamp a batch of cups ready for the next rush of customers.
What makes good coffee cup stamps?
- Use simple yet bold graphics, for example icons or line art. A resource we love for this type of design is The Noun Project.
- Designs don’t necessarily need to be your logo. Could be just a component of your logo/brand, or a visual element that’s identifiable for your cafe.
- In terms of inc colour, most cafes opt for a basic black ink on white paper coffee cup for the greatest contrast/impact.
- Use a custom rubber stamp that’s around 5cm x 5cm to maximise your artwork size, while ensuring the brand doesn’t get lost in the circular wrapping of the coffee cup. At Woodruff and Co, that would be a medium sized stamp.
- Even if you sell a range of coffees in different paper coffee cup sizes, a single sized rubber stamp is usually all you need.
View the coffee cup stamps available at Woodruff and Co for customising today.